CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Favre...

Personally, I think Favre made an ass of himself the last two weeks.

So I love Brett Favre, I had a Packers license plate on my car for 2 years for goodness sakes. But come on Brett...

I know you love the game but let's look at the facts.

  1. You retired. At some point you and your lady said "I'm done with football." Last season was awesome, so go out on top. Especially when you look at the 3 years you had before that. Stop being a brat and remember that 365 days ago you were coming off your third "bad year."
  2. They offered you $20 mil to stay home. I realize you make a lot of money every year but if I made a year's salary to sit my ass at home and hang out in my big ass house with my family, I'd take it.
  3. Comebacks rarely work. Look at Michael Jordan's life after he decided to come back to the NBA. I'm just sayin'.

Shining legacy + $20 million to stay home + going out on top = STAY RETIRED!!!

But Brett now that you are back in the NFL...and on your way to warmer climates all the way down in the Tri-State Area...remember the following:

  1. New Yorkers are less forgiving than Cheeseheads. They're loyal to the Yankees or Mets, Giants or Jets...but for now you're an outsider and you're going to have to earn their loyalty since they've probably hated you for the last decade. And you probably won't even get their loyalty because you won't be playing that long...I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.
  2. You have to play for at least two years. I know you like to retire and you'll be forty by then (ancient in NFL age) but you're stuck.

So I guess we'll be doing this again in 2010. Don't expect the fanfare though. Nobody cares when after you cry wolf too many times. Hope you have tape of your tearful good-bye from this year...maybe you can play it on your huge ass TV in 2010 and pretend it is happening then.

Peace Out people.

P.S.: I applaud the Packers for keeping it classy through this who thing. Just thought they deserved some props and I'll be pulling for them next season.

0 comments: