CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

St Patty's Day

So I thought that all of you people who love St Patrick's Day like I do would like to know the following:

Because March 17th is during Holy Week (the week before Easter), St Patrick's Day for 2008 is actually on Saturday, March 15th.

Don't believe me (or Denise who clued me in on this)?

Read this then (cause wikipedia is obviously the end all, be all):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

Now if you're like me you are super excited because now we get to have St Patrick's Day on Saturday 2 years in a row. Won't have the possiblity of that again until 2160, so we can safely say this is a once in a lifetime event :-)

If I get time later I'll post more about the history of St Patrick's Day, but if I don't have a good one :-)

0 comments: