"...where you sit passively and decide if you like the players and evaluate their abilities after watching the game. We are the players, we are the team, in a democratic nation or a democratic world.” -John Renesch
So I haven't written in here in awhile and decide this would be a perfect time.
Like everyone who's politically aware in the country, I'm pretty much obsessed with the race for the Presidency. I'm not going to delve into my political view but I do want to encourage everyone who is able to get involved in the process.
Now I know that a lot of people don't know where the candidates stand on certain issues (such as the War in Iraq or abortion) so I've decided to help. Go to www.votechooser.com. This site gives you a 10 question quiz about your beliefs on key political topics and then it ranks the candidates by how much they agree with you overall. Now I realize that this quiz assumes that all these factors have an equal weight toward your decision as to who should be our next president and that is not usually the case but still I think this is a good CliffNotes version of where everyone stands for those who don't want to go and read through a lot of political speeches filled with pander. It's also an awesome way for you to actually think about what you believe in without attaching the "brand" of a candidate to your thoughts.
Ok I'm done :-)
And for all you critics of the political system and don't want to participate:
"No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." Winston Churchill, Speech in the House of Commons, November 11, 1947
Christmas Magic
10 years ago

2 comments:
Link doesn't work... c'mon... give me something to do while I should be sleeeeeping.
It worked for me...
www.votechooser.com
Try again :-)
Post a Comment