CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

I had an epiphany...

...and I think it's gonna change my life.

So today I was talking to the Yankee and found myself apologizing for other people (something I do quite often for those of you who don't know me well...and for some of those that do ...)

Anyway after we ended our conversation and then I realized something. Something I should have figured out a LONG ASS time ago.

Here it is...

"The only person I am responsible for is me."

Period. Just Me. Not A-N-Y-O-N-E else. No matter how much I may want to help people in the end I can't make people be responsible, I can't make their lives run the way they should, I can't make them respect each other. Basically I can't make people do anything and therefore, I should not feel guilty/sad/disappointed/worthless/shitty when other people don't do what they are supposed to do. AND it is not my responsibility to babysit them and make sure they do what they were supposed to at the expense of my happiness, good time, and/or sanity. Once I take care of my part of things and pass the baton over things are no longer my problem.

That's the most liberating thing I've ever thought.

Craziness.